We demand that all financial institutions stop financing and funding the corporations engaged in climate destruction and human rights abuses by the start of the Glasgow Climate Talks on November 1, 2021
On August 3rd, we set a goal of 500 actions and protests at the branches and offices of our targets by the start of the Glasgow Climate Talks.
Planning an Action? Check out this link for action tips & resources. We’ll get your action added to the counter.
Already had an Action? Fill out this form to let us know. We’ll get your action added to the counter.
Our Demands of Wall Street
We demand that by November 1st, 2021, the start of the Glasgow Climate Talks, all financial institutions take the following steps:
- Respect Human Rights and Indigenous Sovereignty:
End all financial services for any project or company that violates human rights, engages in practices of racial discrimination, or fails to respect Indigenous People’s treaty rights, sovereignty, and right to Free, Prior and Informed Consent.
- End Support for Deforestation:
End all financial services for and investments in for any company involved in deforestation, natural land conversion or peatland destruction across its supply chain.
- End Support for Fossil Fuels:
Begin an immediate phase-out of all financial services for the fossil fuel industry, including immediately ending all financial services for any project or company that is engaged in expanding the extraction, production or transportation of fossil fuels.
Our Demands of Biden
We demand that by November 1st, 2021, the start of the Glasgow Climate Talks, the Biden Administration the following steps:
- Require financial institutions to phase out financing for fossil fuels and deforestation.
- End all public money for corporations engaged in fossil fuels and deforestation.
- Invest in Black, Brown, and Indigenous communities, remedy past harms, and promote a clean, just transition for workers in the fossil fuel sector and frontline communities.
- Hold all firms accountable to respecting Tribal Nations’ treaty and sovereignty rights.
Watch our August 3rd Campaign Launch
We shared the plan to campaign hard through Glasgow with clear steps for activists, organizers and enthusiasts to join us on the campaign.
- Kayah George of Indigenous Climate Action
- Representative Rashida Tlaib
- Bill McKibben, and
- Goldman Prize Winner Sharon Lavigne of RISE St. James
Deadline Glasgow: Week of Action Petition
Our goal is to gather 250,000 signatures on the Deadline Glasgow petition. Then from September 13-September 17 we will organize petition delivery actions to 500+ insurance offices, bank branches, asset manager offices, pension fund offices and key federal targets.
Poster by Jackie Fawn
Take Digital Action Now
Click an action below to get the details and a link to take action.
Deadline Glasgow Art
A number of artists have produced powerful, stunning poster designs for the Deadline Glasgow campaign. You are welcome to download and use any of the art — just be sure to credit the artist. You can find print-ready versions, along with artist statements about their work, here.