Calendar jam: Demand that Liberty Mutual stop insuring coal expansion
Our partners at the Insure Our Future campaign and Solutions for our Future in Korea just revealed the insurance giants behind the expansion of coal power in East and Southeast Asia. One of the main culprits is U.S. insurance giant Liberty Mutual.
While Liberty Mutual has a coal policy, its restrictions only apply at the company level, which means it can continue to provide coverage for giant new coal mines and coal-fired power plants.
So we’re filling the calendar of Liberty Mutual’s CEO, David Long, and other top executives with hundreds of invitations to ensure that strengthening Liberty’s coal policy is at the top of their agenda.
Join us to demand that Liberty Mutual stop insuring coal expansion.
How to join the Calendar Jam
- Open your calendar app, such as Gmail or Outlook. We’re going to be sending calendar invites to CEO David Long and other top executives (and to Insure Our Future to track our collective impact!).
- Pick a time in your calendar between June 9 and June 30 and title your meeting. Here are some examples:
- “Stop insuring coal expansion”
- “Stop polluting communities”
- “Insure Our Future”
- Copy all of the following email addresses and paste them into the invite field of your event.
- Click “send invitations” so the executives get an email notification as well.
- Rinse and repeat. Hot tip: multiple invitations are more effective than long events. Liberty Mutual executives will have to decline each and every invitation, making it literally impossible to ignore our calendar invitations.
If you are new to calendar invitations, check out more detailed instructions on how to use Google Calendar and Outlook. If you use another calendar, google for instructions. Thank you to Stop Adani for the inspiration!