Calendar jam: Invite Liberty Mutual to un-insure tar sands pipelines
Without insurance, the Trans Mountain tar sands pipeline cannot go ahead. And we have a plan to make Trans Mountain uninsurable.
Over three years of pressure, we’ve gotten 18 insurers to publicly rule out involvement!
But Liberty Mutual is still at risk of backing the project, and can’t seem to find the time to respond to our demands.
Now is a key moment to escalate our tactics and make Liberty Mutual put a date on dropping Trans Mountain once and for all. How? By jamming executives’ work calendars with thousands of event invitations that they won’t be able to ignore.
How to join the Calendar Jam
1. Open your calendar app, such as Gmail or Outlook. We’re going to be sending calendar invites to Liberty Mutual executives.
2. Pick a time in your calendar between between August 15th and August 31st between the hours of 9am and 5pm EST. Title your meeting something like:
- Time to un-insure Trans Mountain
- Liberty Mutual: Drop Trans Mountain
- Stop Insuring Tar Sands Expansion
- Respect Indigenous Rights: Stop Insuring Trans Mountain
Get creative with your titles!
3. Copy all of the following email addresses and paste them into the invite field of your event.
David.Long@libertymutual.com, DHL@LMIG.com, Neeti.Bhalla@libertymutual.com, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
4. Click “send invitations” so the executives get an email notification as well.
5. Rinse and repeat. Hot tip: multiple invitations are more effective than long events. Insurance company executives will have to decline each and every invitation, making it literally impossible to ignore our calendar invitations.