Calendar jam: Tell Liberty Mutual to meet with Indigenous leaders
From tar sands pipelines across Turtle Island to Arctic oil and gas drilling, Liberty is insuring the destruction of sacred lands and waterways. And again and again, Liberty has refused to meet with Indigenous communities impacted by the fossil fuel projects that they are backing (you can read more on that here).
Liberty’s executives have refused to make space in their calendars to meet with Indigenous leaders, whose lands, livelihoods, and cultures Liberty is threatening with its business practices. So we’re filling the calendar of Liberty Mutual’s CEO, David Long, and other executives with hundreds of invitations to remind them of the meeting requests that they are ignoring.
Join us to demand that Liberty Mutual meet with Indigenous communities and stop insuring toxic fossil fuel infrastructure.
How to join the Calendar Jam
- Open your calendar app, such as Gmail or Outlook. We’re going to be sending calendar invites to CEO David Long, Chief Investment Officer Neeti Bhalla, and Chief Sustainability Officer Francis Hyatt.
- Pick a time in your calendar between January 13th and January 23rd. Title your meeting something like: “Respect Indigenous rights” or “Don’t Support Arctic Oil Exploration” or “Stop Insuring Tar Sands Expansion”
- Copy all of the following email addresses and paste them into the invite field of your event.
- Make sure to click “send invitations” so the executives get an email notification as well.
- Rinse and repeat. Hot tip: multiple invitations are more effective than long events. Liberty Mutual executives will have to decline each and every invitation, making it literally impossible to ignore our calendar invitations.
If you are new to calendar invitations, check out more detailed instructions on how to use Google Calendar and Outlook. If you use another calendar, google for instructions. Thank you to Stop Adani for the inspiration!