Calendar Jam: Tell Bank CEOs to Defund Line 3
UPDATE: In the past two weeks, we have sent more than 6,000 calendar invites to the top executives at JPMorgan Chase. They have now updated their system so that they can’t receive any more calendar invites. You know what that means? It’s working!
Now, we are sending calendar invites to the other major banks funding Line 3.
We’re filling the calendars of top executives at Union Bank, Bank of Montreal, Royal Bank of Canada, Scotiabank, Barclays, Citi and HSBC, with hundreds of invitations to remind them to break up with Enbridge and defund Line 3.
Join us to demand that these banks defund Line 3.
How to join the Calendar Jam
- Open your calendar app, such as Gmail or Outlook. We’re going to be sending calendar invites to CEOs and executives at Union Bank, Bank of Montreal, Royal Bank of Canada, Scotiabank, Barclays, Citi and HSBC (and to Stop the Money Pipeline so we can track our impact!)
- Pick a time in your calendar between March 15th and April 15th. Title your meeting something like: “Drop Line 3” or “Don’t fund climate disaster” or “Stop Funding Line 3”
- Copy all of the following email addresses and paste them into the invite field of your event.
- Make sure to click “send invitations” so the executives get an email notification as well.
- Rinse and repeat. Hot tip: multiple invitations are more effective than long events. Bank executives will have to decline each and every invitation, making it literally impossible to ignore our calendar invitations.
- Share the action on social media!
In the last month, we have sent more than 600,000 emails, 6,000 calendar invites and made more than 2,000 phone calls to bank executives, demanding that they defund Line 3. We’ve also taken action at bank branches in Minneapolis, St. Paul, New York, Seattle, LA, and Chicago.
To learn more about the campaign sign up to our mailing list.