The coal industry is bankrupt and the fracking industry is a house of cards built on bad loans that are starting to go belly up. With a rampant public health crisis on our hands in COVID-19 and the fossil fuel industry in terminal decline, now is the time for banks, insurance companies, and asset managers to change their loan and investment policies.
This webinar explores:
- How a basic understanding of the pillars of financial capitalism can set up your finance campaign for success.
- How to use a rights-based framework that respects people in finance campaigning
- What strategies and tactics are most effective — particularly campaigns for divestment, shareholder engagement, and campaigns for government regulation.
- How campaigns that center and amplify frontline voices in grassroots action isn’t just strategic but absolutely necessary.
- Jeff Conant, Friends of the Earth
- Ruth Breech, Rainforest Action Network
- Roberta Giordano, The Sunrise Project
- Pendle Marshall-Hallmark, Amazon Watch
- Elana Sulakshana, Rainforest Action Network